About the Course
This face to face, CPD UK accredited mental health awareness session is recommended for all Athlete's*, Athlete Support Personnel (ASP), coaches and all those within the organisation who have a responsibility for both physical and mental health and wellbeing. It is delivered by consultant psychiatrists and is approximately 1 hour in duration.
We recommend this is completed every two years
- Athlete is defined as 'a person who is proficient in sports and other forms of physical exercise' (Oxford Dictionaries, 2018)
- Price is based on a minimum of 12 delegates and excludes any associated travel expenses
To express your interest in attending this masterclass please email email@example.com
- To define mental health and explain why good mental health matters.
- To promote mental health and wellbeing.
- To increase understanding with regards to how mental health problems can be prevented.
- To identify signs of work related stress, anxiety and depression.
- To raise awareness of self-harm and suicide.
- To reduce the stigma associated with mental health problems.
- To increase awareness of positive & negative coping strategies including substance misuse.
- To increase knowledge to support early intervention.
- To provide information and increase awareness on how to access appropriate support & intervention, including emergency management.
- Athlete Foundation Mental Health Awareness